Welcome! Thank you for your interest in joining FIST!
Anyone who becomes a member of FIST will be placed on an announce email list and be made aware of meetings, conferences, policies, press releases, and other actions determined by members of the Feminist Assembly. All members are welcome to attend meetings and conferences, and any member who wishes to participate more actively may apply to become part of the Feminist Assembly.
Paying your member dues:
All Members are asked to pay annual dues to the extent they are able; please use Donate button on our website. No one turned away based on the inability to contribute. The dues structure is as follows (Yearly, NOT monthly):
If you just want to subscribe, SKIP everything below and fill out the form normally.
In order to be accepted into the Feminist Assembly, you must follow these instructions:
- $35 Regular dues per Year
- $50 Supporting member dues per Year
- $20 Low income dues per Year
$50 regular dues per Year
Any FIST member may apply to join the Feminist Assembly. The Feminist Assembly is the national decision-making and organizing body of FIST and involves a higher participation level and greater access and therefore involves more screening to ensure the safety and security of our active members. Members who join the Feminist Assembly will also be added to our email discussion list and be able to debate, consense, and vote on policies, bylaws, actions, participate in committees, and more.
Please note that joining the Feminist Assembly listserve entails sharing your email and display name with the group, it is not a web forum or social media page. Do not
use your work or job search email if you are trying to maintain a low profile. After you join, please familiarize yourself with the bylaws and rules of conduct, as these are important for functioning in the Feminist Assembly.
When you receive your subscription confirmation, please respond to the email you receive
with answers to the following questions (copy and paste the questions and then put your answers):
1. Please introduce yourself to the group, who you are and your history of activism.
2. Would you describe yourself as a radical feminist? If so, what does radical feminism mean to you? If not, why not and how do you describe your feminism?
3. Do you think female only spaces, programs and organizations are important to the feminist movement, and if so, why are they important?
4. What is your experience with or ideas about women's oppression as it relates to race, class, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc.?
5. Do you know a member of the Feminist Assembly willing to provide you with a reference? If so, please provide her name and contact information. *** If you don't have a reference, would you be willing to talk to one of our members by telephone? Please provide your phone number and the best times to reach you, so we can give you a call.
6. Have you read and agreed to the FIST Principles
7. Have you read and agreed to the Rules of Conduct
* indicates required